Thursday, March 29, 2012

From Emily


Emily - Hi Family! Thank you all for your comments on my post. It made me happy to hear from all of you. A lot has happened since I last blogged, so I’ll tell you briefly because I’m waiting in line for a shower. On Wednesday we worked on the library and got all of the four walls up. After work for the day we went tubing in a river. It was so much fun and the water was nice and cool. I have over one hundred bug bites. It’s painful and itchy but it’s alright because I’m having a lot of fun! I wear knee-high socks to protect my legs. Today we put in frames for the windows on the library and handed out toys to the kids. It was a wonderful experience and I loved making them happy:) We played duck duck goose at recess and it was SO MUCH FUN. I had no idea that game could be so awesome. After work we toured a cocoa farm and ate cocoa fruit. It doesn’t taste like chocolate AT ALL. It’s fruity and delicious. We also got a chance to grind beans to make chocolate and that was really fun. I love it here and everything is going very well! 
Love,
Emily:)

2 comments:

amclane57 said...

Hey Emily... It's great to hear about your Belize adventures! Maybe we should start grinding cocoa beans to make our hot chocolate;) The weather here has been perfect. However, the shelling has been pretty lame. Nothing too exciting... no moon shell, no alphabet cone (my favorite). I went birding yesterday and did see some neat birds. I'm keeping a bird journal so I can show you what I've seen. Enjoy the snorkeling. That will be awesome. Miss you and love you... Ciao Bella.

Maggie Starr said...

Hi Emily! I think this is signed on as Maggie, but it's actually Becca writing this. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time! I'm so happy you went on this trip; I'm sure it's an incredible experience! It's so cool that you got to try cocoa fruit. I would have never guessed that it actually tasted like fruit, I imagined a bitter chocolate taste. It's also super cool that you helped build a library. Overall, it sounds like you're having an amazing spring break. Sorry this is a sort of lame email. I was hoping to send a really awesome one, but the awesome ideas aren't flowing tonight. Well, I can't wait to hear even more about your trip when you come home. I love you! Bye!

Post a Comment