Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From Emily


Hi family! We made it to Belize and it’s REALLY fun here! It’s also hot but it’s okay because I am drinking a lot of water. Yesterday we got to the hotel at a late hour and got our rooms. The girls have a room with two bunk beds and it’s very cozy. We had a really good dinner and the owners of the hotel talked to us about themselves. They have a son named Marquin and he is very funny and cool. He is in second grade. Today we went to the school here and started to work on the library. It was fun to be able to build something, even though I messed a lot of things up. (We got them fixed.) Pineapple is very good here. Everything is going very well. I love you guys!!! ~Emily

4 comments:

Maggie Starr said...

Hey Em!

What an exciting adventure you're having! I'm (selfishly) jealous that I'm here and you're there, but SO proud of you for donating your time this way. Are you using your Spanish often? Have some extra pineapple for me, and enjoy the heat (chilly temperatures have once again descended on our northern states)!

Sending you lots of love,
Maggie

Pat Starr said...

Hi Emily,

I enjoyed seeing the photos. I feel like I can hear the water & birds of Belize! What a great experience to see how others live, eat, play & learn. I think travel like this makes us understand our own lives better. Use your Spanish as much as possible. Es mas divertido, y aprendere mucho!

Have fun! Love,
Aunt Patty

Jaxelberg said...

Hi Emily. Glad to hear you're drinking lot's of water! The weather is perfect on Sanibel, and Mom and I are having a nice anti-adventure.... just relaxing. Can't wait to hear the stories from Belize!

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun as well as helping the community in Belize. What a fantastic experience! I will call after you get home to hear all about your adventures. Drink lots of water and have a great time.

Love,
Aunt Beth

Post a Comment